Re: SVG 1.2 Comments

* Peter Sorotokin wrote:
>Yes - and one important difference about Last Call period is that the WG is
>required to review (and, I think, respond) to all comments made on this list.

[...]
  A document receives review from the moment it is first published.
  Starting with the First Public Working Draft until the start of a
  Proposed Recommendation review, a Working Group MUST formally address
  any substantive review comment about a technical report and SHOULD do
  so in a timely manner.
[...] -- http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/process#doc-reviews

Where formally addressing an issue means

[...]
  In the context of this document, a group has formally addressed an
  issue when it has sent a substantive response to the reviewer who
  raised the issue. A substantive response is expected to include
  rationale for decisions (e.g., a technical explanation, a pointer to
  charter scope, or a pointer to a requirements document). The adequacy
  of a response is measured against what a W3C reviewer would generally
  consider to be technically sound.
[...] -- http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/process#formal-address

Doing so is an entrance criterion for Last Call since February 2001,
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010208/process.html#last-call

[...]
  5.2.2 Last Call Working Draft

  Entrance criteria. Before advancing a technical report to Last Call
  Working Draft, the Working Group must:

  1. fulfill the relevant requirements of the Working Group charter and
     those of any accompanying requirements documents, or document which
     relevant requirements they have not fulfilled;
  2. formally address all issues raised by Working Group participants,
     other Working Groups, the Membership, and the public about the
     Working Draft.
[...]