Re: SVG 1.2 chapter 5.6

Hi,

James Bentley wrote:

>The example shows a 'pageSeq' element. Is this meant to read
>'pageSet'? Also, The text mentions SMIL 'par' and 'seq'. The
>wording seems to indicate only sequential activity. Could you clarify,
>is 'pageSet' (also spelled pagSet in the text) meant to reflect 'seq' while
>'page' is equivalent to 'par', or can a 'pageSet' element execute pages in
>parallel?

pageSet is definitely meant to be a "seq" and pages can only be executed
sequentially.

>Also, as a side note, can a 'page' element reference and SVG document
>outside of the current document? The use of SMIL timing to control page
>duration has sparked som ideas for me that may be applicable to our product.

Do you mean this:

<svg>
    <pageSet>
        <page xlink:href="..\pages\pageone.svg"/>
    </pageSet>
</svg>

If thats what you mean the answer is no, but it is possible to link
externally from within a page:

<svg>
    <pageSet>
        <page>
          <image xlink:href="..\pages\pageone.svg"/>
        </page>
    </pageSet>
</svg>

or this:

<svg>
    <pageSet>
        <page>
          <use xlink:href="..\pages\pages.svg#pageone"/>
        </page>
    </pageSet>
</svg>

If its the first option you are request, is there any particular reason
why the second or third options would not be suitable?

Thanks,
Craig