Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: Detailed last call comments (all chapters)

On 5 Nov 2004, at 23:24, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Dean,
>
> I'm thrilled by your reposte. However doesn't it seem clear that a
> vocabulary of 'circle' is somewhat limited?

Not if you are talking about a circle, which was the example :)

However, I get your point. This is a major reason why we started
work on RCC (replaced by sXBL) a few years ago. We wanted to provide
the highest possible level of semantics and accessibility in the
document,
and use SVG as a display/interaction layer.

This is possible with <canvas> as well, but it is still the case that
half of the model is inaccessible and semantically void (and to continue
the rant, the <canvas> api doesn't really allow you to work out which
part of the graphics needs updating, forcing you to either implement
a dirty-region algorithm in each document, or redraw everything
everytime).

> I've created an rdf gui schema, at http://www.peepo.co.uk,
> but it's still not clear to me how this could be used within SVG to
> respond to queries.
>
> in fact it's got that bad that I had a morning nightmare recently,
> imagining that all that redundant DNA code was RDF
> the phenotype being SVG demonstrated as if you didn't know. so you can
> see that my understanding at least is somewhat lacking ~:"
>
> do we have any working examples?

Have you looked at sXBL? It's similar to RCC so you could download
the Adobe v6 preview and play around.

Dean