Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: Detailed last call comments (all chapters)

Ian,

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Doug Schepers wrote:
>
>>It's in the SVG Charter to "meet the needs of the user community." The
>>vast majority of SVG users, as you will observe from the topics on
>>svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, are using it to developing applications.
>

> It is unfortunately that the W3C is not fulfilling the needs of the
> community in providing accessible, device-independent languages for user
> interface.

What are you talking about here: buttons, lists, menus and other simple UI
components framework? Even if I had that, I would need something like SVG to
develop my web applications because I need highly graphical components. So I
don't think that W3C fulfilling that need would change what people are using
SVG for! But maybe you are talking about something else...

--
Christophe