Re: SVG 1.2 - 3.2.1 editable

Hi Cameron,

On 22 mars 04, at 13:51, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Chris Lilley:
>> If it doesn't work in the presence of animations then I don't see the
>> point.
>
> My point is for simulating the effects of animation.  If I want to
> provide animation-like features it would be nice if I could do so while
> retaining the base value.

The animated values in the DOM are there only to reflect the
SMIL-originated vlaue changes. What you seem to want to do sounds quite
bizarre to say the least.

>> Your proposal (change the animated value in script) and the current
>> method (change the baseval in script) are the same, if no animation is
>> running; the current method continues to work correctly if an
>> animation is running.
>
> Except that the base value is permanently overwritten.  Other script
> in the document (which may not be written by me) may want access to the
> base value as well as the (simulated) animated value.

Just use SMIL animation, and if needed generate the appropriate SMIL
code through DOM scripting.

Antoine
--
Antoine Quint <aq@fuchsia-design.com>