Re: Does SVG 1.0 define this? (non-<svg> root element)

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message
> I couldn't find anything in the spec that defined how an XML file whose
> root element is in the SVG namespace but isn't the <svg> element should be
> handled. Am I missing something?

I don't see how this could be valid SVG to any of the SVG dtd's, do you have
an example?

> Similarly, what should happen with SVG elements that are encountered
> inside fragments in other namespaces?

Did you read http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/conform.html ?

Where it's pretty clear that such bare svg elements would not be conformant,
you must have an svg:svg element in there.

Jim.