Re: [SVG 1.2 draft]: 17.3 Media Interfaces - getPixel()

"Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org> wrote in message

> On Saturday, July 17, 2004, 12:28:47 PM, Jim wrote:
> JL> So there's no change allowing getPixel work on SVG Canvases aswell
> then?
>
> JL> That's a shame, what's the problem with it?
>
> OK, try to specify what it does in the general case.

Rasterise the SVG canvas, and use getPixel exactly as you do on a Raster
image.

The existing draft doesn't mention much about what the X and Y longs refer
to in getPixel  I guess the intention is that it's raster pixel in the
co-ordinate space of the image, otherwise you'd have the same sampling
problems as with Vector formats I guess.  In which case all you need to
define is the size (so whole units in the user coordinate space maybe, or in
terms of pixel for example.) of the image to be rastered before being able
to call getPixel on it.

Jim.