Re: LC Comment - Script & Progressive Rendering / Multiple Pages

"Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote in message
> This is a relatively common use case on the web, especially for working
> around UA bugs by executing slightly different scripts based on
> UA-sniffing or object-sniffing (though most pages use document.write()
> instead of creating nodes via DOM, the concept is the same and
> document.write() is not available in SVG).

Creating the script nodes highly unreliable in current user agents, it's
inconsistent, and poorly defined.  In my experience, and in applications
like gmail, what they use is frames, you load up an html document in a
frame, and use cross frame scripting to transfer scripts into the single
namespace.   This is much more reliable and consistent.

I certainly don't think it's necessary in HTML, and whilst the genie is out,
I still think simply forbidding it in SVG is the logical approach, it's the
simplest after all.

Jim.