Re: setting an svg path attribute should raise an error on invalid path.

"Steve Schafer" <steve@fenestra.com> wrote in message

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:55:48 -0000, "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:

>>el=doc.createElementNS(svgNS,"path")
>>el.setAttributeNS(null, "d","Y 10")
>>
>>To throw an error (which I could then catch and only use my slow parser
when
>>the syntax differs.)

>Wouldn't it make more sense for that test to be incorporated into your
>fancy parser? That is, the parser should first use the old/fast
>algorithm to parse the attribute.

In ecmascript in RCC - I don't have access to the old/fast algorithm, it's
natively implemented creating paths through the DOM methods is slow compared
to using the native methods.

> If that failed, it would attempt to reparse the attribute
>using the new/slow algorithm.

If I was doing this all in my new viewer sure.

Jim.