Re: externalResourceRequired is animatable

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:09:43 -0600, Gavin Kistner <gavin@refinery.com>
wrote:

>According to the SVG 1.0 errata:
>	http://www.w3.org/2001/09/REC-SVG-20010904-errata
>
>and the SVG1.1 ECMAScript binding:
>	http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/ecmascript-binding.html
>
>The property:
>SVGExternalResourcesRequired.externalResourcesRequired
>is of type SVGAnimatedBoolean
>
>However, the SVG1.1 specs say that it's not animatable:
>"For externalResourcesRequired: Animatable: no."
>-- http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#ExternalResourcesRequired

Doesn't the text in the erratum (which is incorporated directly into SVG
1.1) take care of the problem?

  "Corresponds to attribute externalResourcesRequired on the given
  element. Note that the SVG DOM defines the attribute
  externalResourcesRequired as being of type SVGAnimatedBoolean,
  whereas the SVG language definition says that
  externalResourcesRequired is not animated. Because the SVG
  language definition states tha  externalResourcesRequired cannot
  be animated, the animVal will always be the same as the baseVal."

Basically, it's saying something like, "We made a mistake and put a
declaration in the DOM that says that externalResourcesRequired is
animatable, but it really shouldn't be. To allow for backwards
compatibility, we have to leave the declaration as is, but you, as an
implementor or user, should know that the animVal will always be equal
to the baseVal."

Steve Schafer
Fenestra Technologies Corp
http://www.fenestra.com/