Re: [SVG1.2] 6 XML Events Integration

Jim Ley wrote:
> The authoring confusion is the same as people using setAttribute vs
> setAttributeNS, having non-namespace aware versions confuses people.

I agree! Death to non-namespaced anything! :) I just re-read section 4
of the XML Events Rec, and it is 1) informative and 2) open to what DOM
3 does, ie use namespaces, as any sensible person should. There's
nothing there forbidding a spec that embed XML Events from having its
own naming rules, and from there that those naming rules should follow
what reason dictates and require that names follow the QName rules
defined by XSLT (ie no prefix means not in a namespace, a prefix means
in a namespace that must be declared).

I doubt that XML Events 1.1 (if it exists, which it should given the
issues with 1.0) will go in a different direction anyway.

--
Robin