Re: Incompatibility between the Adobe SVG Viewer and Apache's Batik (and how to resolve it)

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Jim Ley wrote:

> "Shlomi Fish" <shlomif@vipe.stud.technion.ac.il> wrote in message
> > As can be seen there, the SVG is displayed differently with the Adobe SVG
> > viewer and the Apache Batik one. In Adobe the text "STOP" is vertically
> > aligned to the sign in the center and in Batik it is aligned more to the
> > top. This SVG is taken from the book "SVG Programming: The Graphical Web"
> > where it comes as the first example.
> >
> > I am using Batik-1.5 Beta. What can I do to resolve it?
>
> The dominant-baseline attribute is handled differently in the two browsers,
> I've not checked the spec enough to see which is correct, however removing
> the attribute (which is presumably not necessary for the simple sign) will
> give you identical rendering.

Thanks, it does. However, I still wish the text to be vertically aligned
to the center, and it's now aligned to the top. How can I make it
vertically aligned to the center?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> Jim,

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

	Falk Fish