Re: video in SVG1.2

"Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org> wrote in message
news:176274136468.20030502135950@w3.org...

> On Thursday, May 1, 2003, 3:26:31 PM, Dean wrote:
>
> >> Are <video> and <image> interchangeable elements, much like smil ?
>
> DJ> Yes, except for the animation attributes.
>
> Ok, lets discuss that. I don't think that is a good idea.

I don't either but the ability to give an image a duration etc, would be
very useful in the case of SVG referenced images that have a timeline just
like video, indeed a non-interactive SVG animation is just like a video and
it would be good to control it as such.

Perhaps the one mandated video format could be SVG?

Jim.