Re: SVG 1.2 - RCC vs XBL

On Sunday, July 20, 2003, 4:49:45 PM, Erik wrote:

EA> Reading through the Rendering Custom Context section in SVG 1.2 WD I
EA> kept thinking of the XML Binding Language, XBL
EA> (http://www.w3.org/TR/xbl/ , ).

I agree that there are similarities, at least in the use cases.

EA> RCC is trying to achieve exactly what
EA> XBL is already doing for any XML dialect.

'already doing' is odd. Its already doing it in Mozilla.

EA>  I was wondering whether the
EA> people working with RCC had any plans to take this part out of SVG and
EA> coordinate its efforts with the the people behind XBL (and related
EA> efforts at the W3C)

xbl is a note. To quote from the status of this document "This
document is a NOTE made available by the W3C for discussion only.
Publication of this Note by W3C indicates no endorsement by W3C or the
W3C Team, or any W3C Members. W3C has had no editorial control over
the preparation of this Note"

Thanks for reminding us. SVG WG is aware of XBL.