Re: suggestion about removing <image>

"Sigurd Lerstad" <sigler@bredband.no> wrote in message
news:00a801c2c791$0f084220$591273d5@mmstudio...

> > On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, 12:45:14 PM, Sigurd wrote:
> >

> > SL> One should for instance be able to embed an external xhtml file by
> > SL> reference instead of inline.
> >
> > I can see why this would be useful, for symmetry reasons if nothing
> > else.
>
> Which is one of the main reasons I think there should be such an
> element.

I think it's unnecessarily complicated for the UA's, especially as those UAs
which can render inline XHTML can already do it (by putting an OBJECT
element in the foriegnObject) That may not be particularly neat, but since
the ability to render XHTML foriegnObjects is likely limited to those which
could also render inline XHTML, I don't think much is lost.

Jim.