Re: gradient suggestion

Benjamin,

We're looking at extending the gradient options, but
we have not decided if it is SVG 1.2 or 2.0 territory.

Suggestions so far have included Coons-patch gradient
meshes and gradients that follow the shape of the filled
path (can't remember the name for this).

I think a gradient mesh would achieve what you are
requesting. Therefore, we'll add your vote to the big
blackboard that we keep in SVG Headquarters!

BTW, see http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2Reqs for a list
of things under consideration. Slightly out of date now.

Dean