Re: [svg-developers] Draft: SVG Roadmap

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, 10:14:36 AM, AndrewWatt2001 wrote:

Aac> It's fascinating to compare the provisional timetable in the
Aac> Charter (of May 2001 vintage) with the current timetable in the
Aac> Roadmap. Has SVG 1.1, in a sense, become what was envisaged as
Aac> SVG 2.0 18 months ago?

No, but SVG 1.1 and 1.2 together are similar to it in effect. 1.1 does
the modularization and subsetting, and 1.2 does the extra features.

A 2.0 is still planned, but is further off. The number "2.0" causes
many people to think of a total rewrite or a major change; I don't see
that we need that.

Features that are in 1.2 but turn out to be harder than expected or
not to be well implemented might well get deferred to 2.0; similarly
stuff for 2.0 that turns out easier than expected and gets well
implemented might move forward to 1.2