Re: [svg-developers] SVG & XForms - Current Status?

Andrew,
The SVG Working Group is actively working towards figuring out how to
determine the integration strategy between SVG and XForms in the SVG 1.2
timeframe. (Coordinating with the XForms group, of course.) There has been
lots of discussion relative to this within the SVG working group. There is
a high likelihood that the next draft of SVG 1.2 will have more content
regarding SVG/XForms integration. I'm purposely being vague here. I'll
leave it to Chris or Dean to provide any details they feel are appropriate
for public mailing lists.

Regarding the upcoming closure on the XForms CR period, one problem is that
the XForms working group did not want to hold up their progress while
waiting for resolution of the many technical issues relating to SVG/XForms
integration. I think it is reasonable for XForms to proceed. If every
working group in the W3C were forced to wait on every other group, nothing
would ever come to closure.

Jon Ferraiolo
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Member SVG Working Group