Re: High-Quality Dynamic SVG Viewer

Dean Jackson wrote:

> Of course, the specification has to be clear on a few
> things, such as (but not limited to):
> - what to do with required children
> - what to do with currently invalid references

... so it must know/load/download the schema (eg DTD).

What happens where there is no schema referenced (eg no doctype), eg in
multinamespace documents, or "well-formed SVGs"?
(Personally, I'm not a big fan of either.)

I guess the app that says it can handle the fragments which are in the
SVG namespace is required to know the SVG schema, which is OK IMHO.
(What's not so great IMHO is that although it has this knowledge, it's
not required to choke on invalid content; but that's an old battle which
  will probably never end due to pholsophical reasons ... is invalid SVG
SVG or not?)

> - what type of error handling when it realises that
>   the content is incorrect

Flag big red errors, loudly :)

Tobi

--