Re: Request for 1.2 (2.0) ....consistent use of commas in XML attributes

Robert Diblasi wrote:
> Question:  Is there any reason for the inconsistent use of
 > commas in attributes in the SVG Specification?

In most cases I would say yes. I certainly wish there were more consistency
there (in some cases you can also have semicolons iirc) but I'm afraid it's too
late to change much.

> Question:
> Could someone let me know if  requiredFeatures can be separated by commas.
 > If the answer is "yes it can be separated by commas", then the description
 > of requiredFeatures is no correct because it explicitly describes how the
 > list of features is separated.

Technically, requiredFeatures *could* have been comma-separated because it is a
list of XML Names which in turn cannot contain commas. However
requiredExtensions (which is closely related) is a list of URIs, and URIs can
contain commas which makes them undesirable as separators. Thus using space-only
here makes those two very similar attribute consistent, even if it is at the
cost of inconsistency with some others.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/