Re: [SVG] Experiment and proposal

Fred P. wrote:

> I mean having to calculate the height, width, spacing
> manually for each line of a paragraph is kind of overkill.

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2Reqs/#req-graphics
"1. SVG 1.2 should allow word wrapping and forced line breaks for
      text within multiple rectangles [SVG 1.2]
  2. SVG 2.0 should allow word wrapping, forced line breaks and text flow
     within multiple shapes [SVG 2.0]
  3. SVG text should allow justification locations, such as the nine
     standard positions (bottom, center, top with left, middle,
     right).[...] [SVG 1.2] [SVG 2.0]
  4. SVG may allow text to be justified flush within a shape. [SVG 2.0]"

Regarding table-like grid layout mechanism, see
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/messagesearch?query=table-like%20grid

eg
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/message/27809