Re: 1.2 feedback: Streaming

"Tobias Reif" <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com> wrote in message
news:3DDA7814.6090202@pinkjuice.com...

> Jim Ley wrote:
>
> > [...] should
> > non-time based SMIL animation such as mouseover / click etc. work in
> > high performance dynamic svg viewer and if not - why not? (and if it
> > should where can I see it happen?)
>

> Can you explain this last question? Interactively triggered SMIL ani
> works in ASV for example, but I guess that's not what you mean.

Yes, but not before the onload event on the root svg element has fired,
until that event fires, nothing happens in ASV3 wrt to mouseover click
etc.

For a short time only, you can see this at:
http://jibbering.com/2002/11/animate-pause.1
which is a slightly modified version of the SVG in the animate example in
the spec - the yellow rectangle should grow onmousever, you'll see this
only happens onload, which will be 20seconds after the rest is downloaded
(you'll see when it does, a red rectangle will appear and the text
animation will start.

Jim.