Re: SVG Req 1.1/1.2/2.0

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, 7:34:21 PM, AndrewWatt2001 wrote:

Aac> The final sentence of paragraph 1 of Chapter reads:
Aac> "The specification defines the visual representation of the elements, which
Aac> can be used in a stand-alone SVG file or included in another XML document
Aac> within the SVG namespace.".

Aac> As currently drafted it reads as if the other XML document is within the "SVG
Aac> namespace" which is presumably not the intended meaning.

Thanks for pointing out the ambiguity. The intended meaning is that the SVG content can be used standalone, or can be used inside another XML document and, in the latter case, the SVG part is in the SVG namespace.

However, in the former case it is in the SVG namespace too, so the
mention of the namespace does not actually add anything here.

Aac> Also should it not be "SVG Namespace" (initial capital "N")?

Hmm. Perhaps. We have consistently used 'namespace' with a lowercase
N. Need to see what other specifications do.

Aac> In line 4 of paragraph 2 "minumum" should be "minimum".

Thanks for your comments, Andrew.