Re: An invalid example in SVG 1.0 Spec. - Chapter 17.1

Satoshi ISHIKAWA wrote:

> Sorry, I cannot understand why it is valid.
> In 'svg10.dtd' [1], attributes for 'svg' element are
> declared as follows:
> [...]
> Attribute 'xmlns:link' does not appear.

(you mean 'xmlns:xlink'
                  ^
?)

1. DTDs can't really deal with namespaces; for example, the prefix used is irrelevant,

but fixed in DTDs.

Future versions of the

SVG spec will feature a W3C XML Schema, see SVG1.1.

2. There seems to be an error in the DTD, related to your finding:
In
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/message/11236
, Dean wrote:
"The SVG 1.0 DTD does not include the xmlns:xlink #FIXED attribute
on the svg element, but it should. Expect an errata in the next
few days that adds it."

3. Somehow, XML Spy validated it; strange.

Tobi

--

* peace&love.
* http://www.pinkjuice.com/