Re[2]: Example of SVG and XForms

On Wednesday, February 06, 2002, 7:06:48 PM, Antoine wrote:

AQ> Hey there,

>>   Here is a converted XSmiles sample XForm; the original used XSL FO
>>   and XForms, the conversion uses SVG and XForms instead. The original
>>   example is called model3.xml and uses a schema simple.xsd.
>>
>>   I had to tweak the schema for the result instance, because XSmiles
>>   seemed to have difficulty distinguishing elements with defaulted
>>   namespaces if the defaults were different in different parts of the
>>   tree. A bug, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>   Controlling the exact rendered size of the widgets, and the caption
>>   placement, clearly needs some more work.

AQ> Would you be so kind as to send a screenshot (or post on a sever) of how
AQ> it all renders in XSmiles?

I could post one, but that merely demonstrates that it renders
statically not that it actually does anything.

AQ> The installation looks fairly demanding,

Oh, phoey. It has a windows installer. You click on it and it runs and
you click on some "ok" boxes. I know what you mean, some software is a
pain in the ass to install (sodipodi is the absolute worst, though).
But for XSmiles, its totally trivial.

AQ> especially as it is all Java and I'd rather keep Java software to a bare
AQ> minimum on my darling computer. Thanks,

So you are missing out on Batk *and* XSmiles?