Re: Request for svgz enhancement

Philippe,

At 1:01 PM +0100 01.11.9, Philippe Converset wrote:
>The loading time is longer because all resources are loaded before the svg
>rendering begins. This loading time could be optionally reduced to the one
>of the classic gziped file if the tar-gzipped file allows streaming (which
>I don穰 know). Thus, if the main svg file is the first file in the tar, it
>can be rendered as soon as it is read, then the resources would become
>visible too as soon as they are read (but with the flickering effect).

There is an interesting ongoing discussion at xml-dev list concerning
the streaming of ZIP archived data.

<http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200111/msg00697.html>
<http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200111/msg00701.html>
<http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200111/msg00713.html>

I agree it would be great if we can have a standard convention for the
streaming friendly ZIP packaging of SVG file with related resources
(images, fonts, stylesheet, etc).

--
Jun Fujisawa
<mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>