Re: Translation in Japanese of SVG

Hello Kenji,

Many thanks for all your work, and I'm looking forward to
it's completion.

[Yasuyuki, Chris: I suggest you add this translation to
your pages, with an 'incomplete' notice]

At 04:23 01/11/16 +0900, Kenji Watatani wrote:
>Hi Sir, I am Kenji Watatani, I'm Japanese.
>
>I'm sorry that I don't report translationg untill now.

Please report again when you are done.

>Our Team
>"SVG勧告の日本語化計画"
>is translating the SVG specification from November,last yea
>r.
>
>Our Translation web site is "http://macosx2.ncs.gr.jp/~svg/".
>And,
>translation of SVG Recommendation is
>"http://macosx2.ncs.gr.jp/~svg/20010904/",

Actually, the Japanese translation is at
http://macosx2.ncs.gr.jp/~svg/20010904/japan/
and a mixed Japanese/English version is at
http://macosx2.ncs.gr.jp/~svg/20010904/addenglish/

For both version, please make sure that you respect the
conditions in the Copyright FAQ:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate

2. Prominently disclose in the target language the following 3 items:
    [1. the original URL, the status of the document, and its original
        copyright notice.]
    2. that the normative version of the specification is the English
       version found at the W3C site.
    3. that the translated document may contain errors from the translation.

Please do this at the very top, in a different style (e.g.
different color, in a box,...). Also say there that the translation
is not yet finished, and explain the marks you are using to
indicate that.

Also, please make sure that for all your pages, there
is information about the encoding (charset). See
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/charset.html#h-5.2.2
for details (the encoding you use is shift_jis).

Also, please make sure that non-ASCII characters in the
original text (e.g. Hakon's name in the author's list)
are correct.

>transration of SVG Proposed Recommendation is
>"http://macosx2.ncs.gr.jp/~svg/20010719/",
>
>transration of SVG Candidate Recommendation is
>"http://macosx2.ncs.gr.jp/~svg/20001102/".
>
>Our Team finished
>index,expanded-index,changes,errata,copylight-notice,Chapter
>1,7,9,13,16,17,18,21,22,and Appendix B and J of SVG Recommen
>dation.
>
>Our Team finished
>index,Chapter11,12,20 of SVG Proposed Recommendation.
>
>Our Team finished
>index.expanded-index,Chapter1,2,5,9,11,12,16,17,18,20,and Ap
>pendix B,K and J of SVG Candidate Recommendation in 11/02/20
>00. In addition to Chapter 4 is translating.

It's probably not worth to invest time in translating this
anymore. Better concentrate on the Recommendation.

>My translation of Appendix K, I add the Japanese translation
>  web site. This is arrowed? If this change is not arrowed, I
>  delete these link.

If you use a different style (color,...), to make clear that
this is an addition, it's okay. Also, pointing to the
Japanese translations page
(http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/Japanese) may
help; this way you don't have to update your page all the
time.

Regards,    Martin.