Re: Patterns and Clipping (Adobe SVG Plug-In and Batik)

JT> I apologize for my omission.

JT> The Tess file used to generate the SVG file has a pinkish triangle
JT> over, and within, a larger yellow triangle. I am including a 1.7k
JT> GIF file (tesstriangles.gif) to illustrate a portion of the
JT> tiling.

JT> With Batik, I see the entire yellow triangle but no pinkish
JT> triangle.

    This is due to an error in the SVG.  In looking at the SVG it
appears that the pattern consists of a yellow triangle with a pink
triangle drawn inside of it.  In reality the pattern is a yellow
triangle with a slightly smaller pink triangle drawn one pattern tile
height below the yellow triangle (see attached PNG).

    Thus when we fill the tile drawing left->right, top->bottom.  the
second row of triangles hides the pink triangle, so no pink triangles
show up.  If you drew the pink triangle 'above' the yellow triangle it
would show up.

JT> With the Adobe plug-in, I see a portion of the pinkish triangle
JT> and a portion of the yellow triangle.

    They apparently don't handle overflow=visible so they only draw
one copy of the graphic in the tile, so the next row doesn't obliterate
the part of the pink triangle.

JT> Jeff

    Hope this helped.