RE: changing the level of detail depending on the level of zoom (or s cale)

Take a look at
http://www.adobe.com/svg/illustrator/interactivity_palette/index2.html. It
would be possible to turn on additional layers as you zoomed in using a UI
like this one.

Michael Bierman
Senior Product Manager, SVG Product Marketing
mbierman@adobe.com   http://www.adobe.com/svg

Adobe Systems - everywhere you lookTM
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, California 95110