Re: [Moderator Action] Index for SVG Recommendation

At 01:40 PM 6/7/01 -0500, Robert Diblasi wrote:
>Chris and Max,
>
>I am glad to see that the W3C is concerned with easy access to
>information......I would like to suggest a format for  the index ...if I
>maybe so bold (I'm sure it complete and just waiting to go...but that has
>never stopped me from suggesting what I think is a importaint thought or
>process....that may lead to understanding and easy of use!  :-)
>
>I think it would be nice to have :
>-index with everything on the same page (elements
>..attributes....properties....SVG DOM etc...)
>-seperate index for :
>elements
>attriibutes
>properties
>SVG DOM
>events
>animation
>I think that covers it....maybe someone would like add/subtract from this list

You'll get most of that in the final specification, but not always in the
most friendly, useful, or consistent way. You know, none of us get royalty
checks on the specification. Certainly, there will room in the marketplace
for books which describe SVG in an easier-to-learn manner than the
specification.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
jferraio@adobe.com