[Fwd: [Moderator Action] Reading an SVG file using a standard XML parser]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Mikael Sterley <mikael.sterley@anoto.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:39:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] Reading an SVG file using a standard XML parser
  • To: <www-svg@w3.org>
I am using the Microsoft "DOMDocument" COM object on Windows to read an SVG
file. I get an error message on the line containing "<!DOCTYPE svg
PUBLIC...". If I remove the line everything works perfectly.

Does anyone know if the way SVG files use DOCTYPE (by specifying an external
DTD file) is part of standard XML? In the XML specifications written by
Microsoft, only DOCTYPE with inline descriptions is mentioned.

/Mike