RE: Registration of script MIME types

Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> We can register these languages with IANA, but unless we use one of
> text/javascript, text/ecmascript or text/jscript, IE will refuse to
> execute scripts with the correct content type since it only groks
> these.
>
> In other words, no matter what you do, if you use the TYPE attribute
> in your pages, *some* browsers will refuse to execute your scripts
> even though they can.

I haven't had any problem with scripts executing as type="text/javascript" under
IE3 - IE5.5, Nav2 - Nav6, or Opera3.6 - Opera4.02 (excluding DOM differences, of
course).  What browsers did you use that didn't understand "text/javascript"?

(which has nothing to do with why they aren't registered, or whether MIME is
broken when it comes to the web, or ...)

/Jelks