RE: SVG Question

> From:	Shai Eden [SMTP:shaieden@netvision.net.il]
>
> I am an author of a web site in Israel which talks about new technologies
> in the HiTech market.

	[DJW:]  HiTech sounds like a brand name; I think "technology
fashions"
	might be a better description, especially as what you are talking
	about is largely popularised existing technology rather than the
	state of the art.

> We remember that 1 year ago, many companies talked about this as the
> future of all web sites.

	[DJW:]  I hope it isn't even the future of all e-Commerce sites,
which
	generally ignore the web philosophy.  It's an appropriate
replacement
	for GIFs in many contexts.  However, it has a potential for
restricting
	information to those with full faculties and the latest hardware,
	something that HTML was designed to avoid.

	Also, whilst used as the target for a client side translation from
	application specific XML, it can make data more accessible to
machine
	processing, used directly to author pages, it can make it much
	more difficult (some less obvious uses of machine processing include
	making information accessible to blind users).  On the other hand,
	where a diagram is the most effective medium, client side
	translation may get in the way.