RE: Comments

> "Chris Lilley" wrote:
>
> "Hundiak, Arthur" wrote:
>
> > 5. I'd like to see a layer="xxx" attribute to specify a
> drawing layer.
> > Almost all cad systems support the notion of layers so this
> would help when
> > moving files from one system to another.
>
> Use groups (the g element). Not only does this allow laters, but also
> nested layers.

CAD systems often want groups to contain objects from several layers. A
"geometry" layer might contain objects that form the boundary of a
mechanical part and a "dimensioning" layer might contain the arrows,
dimensions, and annotations applied to the part. Groups would be used to
group the geometry of sub-parts; one for "bracket A", another for
"subassembly B", for example.

If SVG allows an object to be a member of more than one group, one can do
this.

Paul Topping
pault@mathtype.com
Design Science, Inc.