Re: Cross hatch fills support in svg

Jan Aarsaether wrote:

> > > The only way I see achieving this is would be something like this:
> > >
> > >  <defs>
> > >   <pattern id="pattern2" x="0" y="0" width="30" height="30">
> > >    <path style="stroke:black" d="_whatevernecessary_"/>
> > >   </pattern>
> > >  </defs>
> > >  <g>
> > >   <rect x="0" y="0" width="832" height="896" style="fill:url(#pattern2);"/>
> > >  </g>
>
> This might be somewhat off topic, but I'm having trouble visualizing
> custom patterns (like above) using CSIRO svg viewer r0.71. Is this a
> know problem with this viewer or has somebody managed to do this?

Hi Jan,

This is a part of the specification that we do not support. I
have to apologise that we haven't made a clear list of what
parts of the specification are supported and what the roadmap
for future releases is. We are working on something like this
now.

As for the fill patterns, we'll have a look. I'm working on
clipping and masking at the moment which is semi-related to the
patterns.

Apart from this, are there suggestions from www-svg@w3.org people
as to which parts of the specification we should concentrate on?
There have been a few requests for animation/scripting which I
don't really want to tackle for a while (at least until we have
supported as much of the static specification as we can).

Dean