Re: pieslice

----- Original Message -----
From: <MWhisman@aol.com>
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Sent: jueves 25 de febrero de 1999 11:57
Subject: Re: pieslice

>OK, I'd certainly agree specialized symbol libraries belong in linked
files,
>which allow for extension, customization, and standardization for all who
use
>the linked files.
>
>I suppose the W3C might want to maintain a library of standard files that
>define features of common shapes, fills, strokes, patterns, effects. It
would
>allow users to share such definitions regardless of which vendor's program
>they use. Vendors or users could submit their files to the standards body
so
>new features could be included in future standards. Such library files
would
>need a way to indicate the version of SVG that they are written for, as
well
>as the version of the library file itself, such as svgversion="1.0"
>libversion="2.1".

I second this idea. We (geographic information community) would probably
create and make available libraries of cartographic symbols: there are a lot
of *badly designed* maps out there on the web, and so some standardization
and registration of libraries may help.

Cheers,

Mike Gould
http://www.lander.es/~mgould/