Re: DOM in SVG implementations

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

>  Raph,
>
> You would like to have a different flow in the DOM events model because the
> current proposal doesn't support your need. That's right, the DOM Level 2
> doesn't support your need. We (the DOM IG) don't also support the SVG DOM or the
> SMIL DOM. The DOM WG can't handle all specific problems, that's a fact. Does
> this mean that we are not responsive ? No. Our common answer is: Sorry, we can't
> address your need, try to do it yourself (based on the DOM Level 2 proposal) and
> if you can't do it with our current proposal, then we will change our
> proposal. We already removed the key events from DOM Level 2 for that reason.
>
> DOM Level 2 is now in CR [1]. So, try to implement your application with
> DOM Level 2 (you can add a new event flow). If you can't do this, then we will
> see how to change our model. A concrete proposal is always welcome ...

Thank you for this response, and also thank you in particular for asking
for a concrete proposal. Indeed, this message comes at a good time, as I
was just about to propose a detailed event propagation method for gdome
for use in the Gill project. At the very least, experience with this
should help the W3C perfect the event model in the next round of
specifications. I need to take a nap right now (as I'm running a fever),
but will try to get it written up later today.

Raph