Re: SMIL and JS

Maria,
This is a _very_ old mailing list, and your message is the first one received in a very long time.

I cannot answer your question, and I don’t know whether the people involved with EPUB 3.2 are on this mailing list (I think that’s mainly the Daisy people). I have the feeling that disabling SMIL in EPUB 3.2 is impossible, because that standard is _specifically_ about enabling SMIL. But I may be wrong.

If you don’t get an answer within the next few days: you could try checking the EPUB 3.2 spec <https://www.w3.org/publishing/epub3/epub-mediaoverlays.html <https://www.w3.org/publishing/epub3/epub-mediaoverlays.html>> and see if you can contact any people involved in the standardisation.

Success,
Jack