Re: (X)HTML5 + SMIL?

I brought up SMIL awhile back in HTML5's development (during the
discussion about distributed extensibility).  My concerns were
lessened when I realized that even if the SMIL elements are considered
non-conforming in HTML5, that at least one could use SMIL TimeSheets.
Of course the reality is that browsers themselves are not really that
interested in implementing SMIL TimeSheets from what I can tell.

Regards,
Jeff