Re:

On 6 jan 2010, at 16:00, Ted Han wrote:

> Hey Jack,
>
> Do you Ambulant guys do much integrating with web based presentation of content?  I've dug up a variety of flash players who claim to support SMIL (for varying values of "support"), but so far as i understood it, Ambulant is just desktop based, and implemented in C++, which makes it a difficult reference implementation to those writing in languages typically used to power the web.

As of our 2.2 release (which is imminent, and betas are available on our website) we have Ambulant-based browser plugins for Safari (mac), Firefox (Linux and Windows) and IE (Windows).
We've used this one for experimenting with integrating SMIL and HTML as well, there's two papers about that: <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1553304.1553310> and <http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=1410140.1410146> (the first is an expanded version of the latter).

We're also working on a no-frills SMIL 3.0 subset player in JavaScript, but it's going to be a while before that is finished. (In other words: if you're interested and want to join the project: speak up:-)

> Incidentally, do you know of any other SMIL3 players beyond Ambulant?

None as complete as Ambulant, as far as I know.