Re: SVG views in values lists

Olaf,
from the SMIL Animation side of the picture escaping can be done with percent-encoding.
But that leaves the question of when the SVG renderer will decode the percent escapes. The URI definition <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-2.4> suggests that it is done after splitting the URL on delims and subdelims, so that would mean it would be too late.

In SMIL there may be a workaround using SMIL State, but I don't think that's allowed in SVG. And, indeed, in SMIL the href attribute isn't animatable (but it may contain SMIL State {attribute value template} constructs). But in SMIL you could also break open the values animation into a sequence of <set> animations.