Re: [SMIL30 CR comment] feedback dates correct?

Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> Hello SYMM Working Group,
>
> in the Candidate Recommendation 15 January 2008 it is noted:
> 'We expect that sufficient feedback to determine its future will have been
> received by 20 January 2008.'
> I think, I have noticed this the first time at 2008-01-18 with some other
> things to do at this weekend, therefore I stopped already here to continue
> with reading ;o)
>
> Is this short time of 5 days intented and 'sufficient feedback' an ironical
> comment or is it a typo somehow?
> However, this accelerates the process dramatically, because maybe there
> was no one able to read the complete CR carefully in 5 days anyway ;o)

The date is by no mean ironical nor it is a typo. The SYMM WG planed to
enter and exit CR quickly during its interop testing F2F in January.

As a side remark, CR phase can be very short, as a matter of fact a WG
may enter and exit CR the same day if it fulfills its CR exit criteria.

Unfortunately there are some functionalities which still need
implementation experience, therefore the CR exit is delayed a bit.

Therefore you are still welcome to send comments.

Regards,

Thierry.