Da: Jack Jansen [mailto:Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl]
Inviato: mercoledì 20 giugno 2007 1.56
A: ___
Cc: 'Sjoerd Mullender'; 'SMIL List'
Oggetto: Re: R: R: R: R: Urgent please

On 18-Jun-2007, at 18:43 , ___ wrote:

> Thanks, really appreciated.
> So if i haven't understand bad, i can't use ambulant, since i'm using
> 4 channels PNG, right?
> In one hand i have to handle transparency with png images, in the
> other one i need to have a decent timing group management.
> Right now i just can't get both, right?
>
> I'm doing single .smil pages that href each others, to simplify the
> grouping code and to let realplayer to crash less. It apparently do
> the job, but if you leave the player open for a bit, and you then keep
> using the presentation, then it will create some bug with image or
> text.
>
> If i could handle the graphic image i created with ambulant would be
> perfect, but i had no success on that

Please file a bug report for Ambulant, then. Note that this is no guarantee
that the bug will actually get fixed (there are only so many hours in a day,
unfortunately:-) but at least we'll know about it.

Also, note that the better the bug report the better the chances that it'll
get fixed (or at least looked at). So if you supply SMIL+images that we can
download and run to see the bug (plus information on the platform you use
and any other things that may be relevant) it's much more likely to be
looked at soon than if simply trying to recreate the problem takes hours. As
a point in case here: trying to recreate the situation you sketch here
(4-channel PNG has a problem with
transparency) without additional information would take the better part of a
day: how do I create a 4-channel PNG, what is it that doesn't work, on which
platform, in which situation (stacked regions?
Transitions? Something else?).
--
Jack Jansen, <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack If I can't dance
I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma Goldman