Re: [SVGMobile12] event aliasing

On 4-apr-2006, at 23:03, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>> I haven't been able to find focusInEvent, focusOutEvent, focusin or
>> focusout anywhere. Where should I look?
>
> SMIL 2.1 has focusInEvent and focusOutEvent, and focusin and focusout
> are in <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/interact.html>.

Silly me: I misread the original message (I understood that these
were also defined *elsewhere*, but on re-reading I see that these are
used only in SMIL). Thanks for the clarification.

So, looking at <http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20051213/smil21-
profile.html>, I can see two possible points of confusion:
1. The table in section "Supported Event Symbols" states:
	focusInEvent (In DOM Level 2: "DOMFocusIn")
2. The statement that focusInEvent does not bubble (section "Event
Semantics"), whereas DOMFocusIn event does bubble.

Or do I miss some more serious problem? We could rewrite "In DOM
Level 2" as "Similar to DOM level 2", but that seems to be a fix
that's hardly worth the trouble...

Note that (in my personal opinion) having the focusInEvent bubble in
SMIL 2.1 Language is not really an option because of the temporal
structure: its ancestors up the tree have no spatial representation
whatsoever.

Goldman