From: www-smil-request@w3.org [mailto:www-smil-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Larry Bouthillier
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:50 AM
To: Terry Orechia
Cc: www-smil@w3.org
Subject: Re: Draw polygons on moving cars in video

Sounds like the kind of thing Macromedia Flash is good for.  While there may
be a SMIL-like way to script it in code, as long as you're not trying to
build a generalized tool for following objects with a hotspot, Flash ought
to be just about right.

Larry

I am trying to find a way to display a video  of a car moving down

the street and draw a polygon around the car as it   moves.   I

would like to use HTML+TIME, but am open to any  solutions.   I have

the location of where the polygon should be  drawn in the video, but

I cannot figure out how to do this.  I believe I  need to show  the

first frame of the video and draw the polygon around the  car for

this frame in one sequence.   Then I need to show the next  frame of

the video and draw the polygon around the car on this frame  as the

next sequence.   Since the car is moving the polygon will not  be in

the same location in each frame.  Can anyone suggest a way to  this?

--

Larry Bouthillier

Director, Educational Technologies and Multimedia Development
Harvard Business School
(617)495-6393
larryb@hbs.edu