Re: smil file conversion

On 3 Sep 2005, at 05:03, dcraigie@iimetro.com.au wrote:

> Apologies if you've seen this request before, I'm attempting to
> convert a smil
> file to a more "conventional" multimedia format such as mpeg or
> avi. The smil
> is a slide presentation using jpegs with overlaid audio from an rm
> file. While
> I could of course capture the streaming video is there an app
> avialable that
> will convert directly from the smil?

I don't know of any. Note that this conversion is not possible in the
general case (because the SMIL could be interactive, etc), but even
for the limited cases you're interested I can't think of any tools. I
had hoped QuickTime could do the conversion, but it refuses to export
SMIL as anything other that a series of screenshots.
Goldman