Re: SMIL and Javascript

At 10:40 +1000 4/4/03, Ryan Henderson wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Not so sure this is the correct list to post to but anyway here goes.
>
>I have been developing a product that synchonises media with a Quick Time
>movie (currently it uses QT chapter tracks and Href tracks). The media can
>include Text, Images, other Movies, and Web Sites. Now pretty much all of
>the media here can be displayed using SMIL. However to integrate SMIL into
>our existing product easier we would like to use pre developed java script
>calls.
>
>So in a nutshell my question is: At predetermined times within a SMIL
>presentation can java script calls be made? For example we have a call to
>display a web site in a new window, this may be made at say 2minutes and 31
>seconds in to the movie...
>
>Regards
>Ryan Henderson
>UWA - Arts - Multimedia Centre
>Computer Programmer
>
>http://ilectures.uwa.edu.au

Ryan,

not sure of this is the answer you were after, but, have a look at
iShell (www.tribeworks.com). iShell can do what you want and also act
as a helper app to a normal web browser.

bobj

Dr. Bob Jansen
Managing Director,
Turtle Lane Studios Pty Ltd,
Physical: 1 Turtle Lane, Erskineville, NSW 2043, AUSTRALIA
Postal: PO Box 26, Erskineville, NSW 2043, AUSTRALIA
Phone & Fax: +61-2-95 19 99 85
Mobile: 0414 297 448
Email: Bob.Jansen@turtlelane.com.au
WWW: http://www.turtlelane.com.au/

Go to http://www.turtlelane.com.au to see how we can help you with
* Events On Line - web sites utilising streaming video and audio
                                synchronised with images and text
* TESTIMONY SOFTWARE - preserving oral histories in an engaging digital fashion
* Information Architecture - planning and designing your information system
* Electronic Publishing - publish your digital content to its full
effectiveness
                                            and not just electronic paper
* HACKER ALERT - a system for protecting your web site against
hackers and site defacement
* SWOTRecorder - a program to assist you in recording the results of
your SWOT analyses