Re: A problem for presenting video segments

Qiuyue Wang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem in presenting a part of video from a web server. The SMIL
> file is like the following.
> <smil>
>    <head>
>       <DEFANGED_meta name="title" content="video segment" />
>    </head>
>       <video src="http://localhost:8080/mediaData/MovieSample.mpg"
> clip-begin="10s" clip-end="100s"/>
> </smil>
> The player at the client side is RealOne. The problem is that it will keep
> the "clip position" button a little forward. This will be not a problem if
> using FILE protocol to get the video file. I am wondering the cause of the
> problem and how to solve it. Thanks a lot.
>
> Qiuyue

Hi,
You might find your answer over here at the Realforum:
http://realforum.real.com/cgi-bin/realforum/wwwthreads.pl

BTW congratulations to the Helix project for open sourcing SMIL 2.0:
http://www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2003/smilsource.html

Now, is there a Bug catching system planned, to make the Helix player
the Lexus of SMIL 2?

Jose Ramirez