Re: Status of SMIL-DOM?

Hi,

I don't know what is the status of the SMIL-DOM,
but I have created a SMIL player (X-Smiles), which implements
parts of it. (www.x-smiles.org)

The problem was that the latest draft doesn't define
all elements, so I had to extended it with my own set of
elements. However, as soon as the final SMIL-DOM is
ready, I'll change my implementation.

Currently, X-Smiles supports scripts in SMIL presentations,
using event and script elements (which are in their own namespace).
The scripts can modify the SMIL presentation on the fly.
Currently, only region attributes can be modified, but more
is under work.

Is there any other reason for SMIL-DOM than scripting?

 - Kari Pihkala
   X-Smiles project