http://www.linux-conference.ch/pages/bes_sponsoring.html
http://www.linux-conference.ch/pages/bes_uebersicht.html

28.6.00
15.45 Uhr –16.15 Uhr
Referat 2I, Solutions Track
MPEG Tower: Streaming Live with Linux
Henning Timcke, Ideen Werft22 GmbH

16.30 Uhr – 17.15 Uhr
Panelsession mit IBM, Corel, Redhat, Intel, CERN,
Compaq, Dell, SFI, Revi, /ch/open, Veritas, Apache, Werft22, Bison u.a.
Leitung: Pierre Brun, PricewaterhouseCoopers

17.15 Uhr – 19.00 Uhr
Linux-Apéro Apéro-Sponsor: Oracle und PricewaterhouseCoopers

We are building a new site containing the talk to be given tomorrow

You may take a look at it's progress here:

http://www.werft22.com/sdream/

What we discover is the following:

Setting 1: NT 4.0 WS, Dual Pentium III 500 MHZ, , 512 MB RAM, Matrox
M400 32 MB, IE 5.0 or Netscape 4.73, okay code embedded in HTML works,
according to RealSDK and SMIL.

Setting 2: NT 4.0 Server Dual Pentium III 500 MHZ, , 256 MB RAM, Matrox
M400 32 MB, IE 5.0 or Netscape 4.73, code embedded in HTML crashes IE
5.0 and does not support "fill".

Setting 3: W '98 Pentium II 400 MHZ, , 128 MB RAM, Matrox M400 32 MB, IE
5.0 or Netscape 4.73, code embedded crashes IE 5.0 and does not support
"fill".

Sometime IE 5 just crashes one Window, sometimes it's gone completly,
RealPlayer still running.

You can look at the user.dmp, if this might be of interest

We only experience this with mulitple mpx-files, not with smaller
contents.

We could discuss to open source the mpx files we use for testing as we
currently own all the legal rights, this would allow to test other
system settings with the same data.

Why do we use IE 5 at all: because it's CSS implementation is currently
best.

HTML & Time is definitifely not what we are looking for, I'd rather like
to point at timing marks within a mulitmedia file by a similar construct
as with Xlink, where start and stop points would act like Xlink for
static content, so the timing structure can be described in XML as well
and the XML describing the time structure itself could reside outside
the presentation part residing within SMIL,
linked into SMIL by XInclude. This would allow authoring independent
from monomedia dataformats,
as time is the same for all of them, no matter if the content is stored
as mpx or avi or whatever.

Maybe you have already layed out the framework within the newest SMIL
draft, I just had not them time right now to read it completly.

Henning